Hello and welcome! An introduction for you: I'm a mom, wife, friend, animal-lover, and lacrosse parent who also happens to write, edit and manage a publishing company for a living. So why not start a blog, I thought? And here ya go...

May 27, 2009

Summertime & the Social Butterfly


So ensues the first week of summer around my house. My 11 year old finished his last elementary school year last Friday and the social butterfly has already got a full dance card. I'm wondering when it's appropriate to begin asking him and all his friends to kick in for gas.

In the 5.5 days he's been done with school, I've done more schlepping around that I think I did the entire month prior to school wrapping up. Taxi anyone?

Friday night: school's out swim party at a Friend A's house
Saturday night: school's out party at Friend B's house
Sunday: spending the night at Friend C's house
Monday: retrieval from Friend C's house--bring Friend C and his brother home with us to spend the night
Tuesday: soccer tryouts; Friends again spend the night
Wednesday (today): return Friends to their house, more soccer tryouts tonight

And still, I've been asked, amazingly: Mom, what can I/we do? We're bored!!

Here are my new options: 1. Entertain yourself or 2. I've got some math problems you could work on. Amazing how attractive Option 1 suddenly becomes.

Welcome to Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment