Hello and welcome! An introduction for you: I'm a mom, wife, friend, animal-lover, and lacrosse parent who also happens to write, edit and manage a publishing company for a living. So why not start a blog, I thought? And here ya go...

April 5, 2009

Bum Shoulder Saga


Interesting event going on for me. Yesterday, after a few days of excruciating pain in my left shoulder radiating down to my elbow, I went to a doctor. I figured I’d hear: "You under some stress? Because you have knots the size of grapefruits in your trapezoids and this is the source of your muscle pain in your arm. Work it out, stress less and you’re good as new." Easier said than done these days but I could handle it.


What I heard was “you have a sprained rotator cuff.” Clearly my years as a major league baseball pitcher have finally caught up to me. Damn that spring training.

What's that saying about bad things happening in threes? That can't be it because I passed three a few miles back with nary an exit from the Crappy Happenings Highway in sight. Maybe it's bad things happen in eights. Or fourteens. I'll let you know when I get to end of my run. For now, I'll just laugh thru the therapy.

2 comments:

  1. I think I mentioned something about a bowl full of....and a glass of ..... in a previous blog:~/ Sorry to hear about your rotator thingamajiggy. Hope it get's better soon. We could all use a break from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww I understand the pain-John has a torn rotator but with a few shots of cortizone and a wonderful sports doctor who taught him to build up the muscles around it, he has conquered it as I know you will. Sorry to hear you're in a stormy place. Wishing you sunnier times.

    ReplyDelete