Hello and welcome! An introduction for you: I'm a mom, wife, friend, animal-lover, and lacrosse parent who also happens to write, edit and manage a publishing company for a living. So why not start a blog, I thought? And here ya go...

July 10, 2009

Beating Down the Flames: Wild West Style


It's a good news day today--it's Friday, I'm alive, employed, and Mother Nature is clearly in a good mood. And it all kicked off swimmingly last night, thanks to an uneventful...dare I say...successful grilling episode.

Just when the outside gas grill thought it had successfully taunted me enough to keep me at a distance (the bastard), I boldly walked up, ignited that baby and cooked six--that's right, cooked, not charred--six hamburgers for the family. There were a couple stressful moments where the flames burst out and rose high thanks to remnants of grease still clinging to the grate (mmm, healthy) but luckily the oxygen mask and handy-dandy fire extinguisher strapped to my belt like a Colt 45 gave me the confidence to boldly fight the flames down. With my water bottle. I'm a beast.

Really, it went well which was a feat for me and I'm feeling particularly proud. What's the big deal, you're thinking? Check out the last episode of Megan's Back Yard Catastrophes: Charred Life Lessons

1 comment:

  1. I successfully made my bed today...they say good things come in three's.....Is it possible that someone we know will or has won the lottery.....I'm holding my breath!

    ReplyDelete