Hello and welcome! An introduction for you: I'm a mom, wife, friend, animal-lover, and lacrosse parent who also happens to write, edit and manage a publishing company for a living. So why not start a blog, I thought? And here ya go...

September 9, 2013

Be a Better Blogger


I have always been one to think that if you needed to wait to do something (start something, quit something, etc) until it was New Year's Day and you had a reason (New Year's Resolution), I'm not sure how committed you are going to be. I think you need to start something or end something you want to start or end NOW. What are you waiting for? If smoking is bad for you, quit NOW rather than smoking it up for another 2, 3 or 4 months while you wait for January 1st to roll around.

So I'm taking on a resolution now: to be a better blogger.

I loved writing here for a couple of years and then it dwindled off. Maybe I had no excitement to write about; maybe I was crazy busy; maybe life was too mundane to be entertaining; maybe I became a worldwide superstar and forgot my roots. All that may or may not be true but I've decided to return to blogging, and that return begins today.

So how've you been? You look good. How's your mama?

I'm still getting on getting on. My son Chase has moved up in grade (into high school now) and up in vertical feet, surpassing me in height as of not long ago. My husband continues to work in the same field I do (trucking publishing) while golfing and (currently) fantasy footballing his weekends away. We went to Siesta Key for our annual family reunion and went on a cruise over the 4th of July last summer. Along with Chase's travel lacrosse, we were home about two weekends of the summer. The countdown is currently on for a couples getaway to Savannah in October and after that, the holidays and our annual ski trip out west. Between all that I'll try and get some work done.

We're in the midst of a house interior overall--miscellaneous projects we've desperately needed or wanted to take care of are getting knocked out slowly but surely. Nothing like the impending visit by family for the holidays to knock you into gear. House embarrassment is a great motivator. We recently redid our entire half bath downstairs: removed wallpaper (goodbye 1980s!), refinished the sheet rock, painted and added a new vanity and potty (with a double flush: fancy!). With one more piece of decor, I believe I'll call that room Done. 

Currently, I'm elbow deep in a huge project I bit off: repainting two tall built-ins that flank my fireplace/mantle in my family room. I repainted the mantle as well (goodbye white, hello chocolate brown). And now I am tackling my built-ins one at a time, courtesy of Annie Sloan chalk paint, clear and dark wax, a lot of elbow grease and a smidge of not knowing any better. I'm nervous. I hope it turns out well and my level of profanity is reasonably contained. 

Once complete, I'll do some show and tell on here. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment