Hello and welcome! An introduction for you: I'm a mom, wife, friend, animal-lover, and lacrosse parent who also happens to write, edit and manage a publishing company for a living. So why not start a blog, I thought? And here ya go...

September 21, 2009

Atlanta May Wash Away


It's raining again in Atlanta today. When you live in the south, it's either feast or famine where the rain is concerned. Either the rain clouds bypass us altogether as if we aren't on the map (sometimes I wonder if we are) and the entire area is so parched, there's no car washing, lawn watering, boating or slip-n-sliding to be had. Or we have a year like this year where it rains so much, new rivers are created every day (usually in my front yard). Today, some area schools are actually closed because of flooding; in the Midwest, around the great Mississippi, this probably isn't unheard of but here? We're far more familiar with the word "drought" than "flooding." One area--thankfully not mine--got over 10" of rain in the last 12 hours alone. And this is on the heels of a string of rain-soaked days. I'm pretty sure I hear the ground screaming "Uncle!" while Mother Nature screeches a high-pitched, hysterical laugh as she waves her Rain Wand a bit more.

I should just go back to bed.

2 comments:

  1. My 2nd trucking job was with Crap A Don, aka Celadon out of Indy......

    I was maybe 5 months out of driving school and was headed north on 55 out of the BBQ, aka Memphis when just across the Mizzu line, I found a rest area to park it for my 10 hour break. If I had gone any further, 15 mins more would have violated my hours of service......

    It was raining, dark, and like most rest area's late at night, not an empty truck slot to be had. I decided to go around the back of the trucks and was gonna go and pull on the shoulder of the get on ramp and just sleep there.....

    Well, the F*&Knut that parked at the end in the last slot didn't pull up all the way so I had to swing wide to get around him.

    I thought I had all 18 on the concrete, but alas, I only had 9. I was moving slowly around the back side when I started the slide......

    It was a nasty angle of a slope.....

    Fortunately, the load didn't shift.....

    And I stayed up right.....

    Two big rig tow trucks and a few hours later, I was back on the pavement and in the bunk for a 7 hour nap......

    I love the rain.....

    From a front porch.

    Keep on keepin on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wonder how I am sopost to get a job Driving a truck win every one wants the driver with exp But no one and I mean no one will give me a shot to show I can do the job!! I wonder why I even got a CDL I could have used that money to pay bills. Really can any one tell any Compiney that will give me a chance. if you can E mail me at
    rodneyrafols@yahoo.com .And thank you for your time Rodney D. Rafols

    ReplyDelete